Dr. R.N. Kalra has worked in various prestigious hospitals of Delhi, including Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (Faculty of Medicine & Cardiology). He commenced his own clinic in 1981-82, and started independent practice as a consultant physician and cardiologist. His vision of creating a healthy and happy community took form with Kalra Hospital. He has been honored with numerous awards for his invaluable contributions to the community served by Kalra Hospital.
Dr. R.N. Kalra is an experienced cardiologist in Delhi, NCR having more than 30 years of experience as a cardiologist surgeon.
As Medical Director CEO R&D of Kalra Hospital, Dr R.N. Kalra, along with his team of experienced specialists, has led the hospital to a new frontier in clinical excellence.
MD FCCP FRCP (Glasg.) FACC
Medical School Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Rohtak, Haryana
Internal Medicine; University of Delhi/Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (01/06/1976 - 30/09/1978)
Cardiovascular Disease; University of Delhi/Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (25/10/1978 - 15/06/1981)
Fellowship of the American College of Chest Physicians (FCCP) (12/1982)
Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians (FRCP), Glasgow (19/07/2006)
Fellowship of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) (27/10/2011)
Medical Director CEO R&D, Kalra Hospital & Sri Ram Cardio-Thoracic & Neurosciences Centre (SRCNC) Pvt. Ltd.
CEO, Indian Heart Foundation (corporate social responsibility initiative by Kalra Hospital)
Cardiologist to the Chief Minister, State of Arunachal Pradesh, India
Awards & Honors received by Dr. R.N. Kalra
- Gold Medal, United States of America
- Certificate of Best Services to Community, Cambridge, England
- Dedication to Medical Profession Award, Issue No. 54 Medal of Honor commemorating distinguished lifelong achievements (1992)
- Appreciation Award in recognition of distinguished services, Lions Club Delhi
- Vijay Ratna Award for enriching human life & outstanding achievements, International Friendship Society of India, Delhi
- Distinguishing Services Award, Delhi Doctors’ Association (February 9, 1997)
- Certificate, American Biographical Institute & Research Center
- Federation of Religious Institutions of West Delhi Award
- Special Appreciation Award (April 11, 1999)
- Michael Madhusudan Best Philantropist Award, Michael Madhusudan Academy, Kolkata (1999)
- Rashtriya Vikas Ratna Award, Indian Economic Development & Research Association, Delhi (2000)
- Indira Gandhi Sadbhavna Award, Ex-Governor, Tamil Nadu & Assam (November 2001)
- President's Appreciation Award, Ministry of Health, Delhi (April 7, 2002)
- Meritorius Services Award, Chief Minister, Delhi (February 14, 2003)
- Appreciation awards by Indian Medical Association (IMA) in the field of Health and Family Welfare (2004)
- Various honors and awards for contribution in the medical field by different societies for blood donation, heart check-up camps, etcetera
- Hospitality India Award for contribution to humanity (2005)